At Barriers International we have always put safety at the heart of our design development. Since our earliest days we have consulted widely with experts from many sports to ensure our racing fencing and barrier systems are safe, adaptable and fit for purpose.
We are an innovative and progressive company never compromising our ideals while leading the way forward in our search for a safer sports environment.
Melbourne Crash Test facility
A safer sporting environment
Barriers International developments include:
- The use of smooth round profiles
- The ‘FrangiblePin’ for the Sport of Eventing
- Impact Absorbing CrowdBarriers
- The ‘PostFuse’ making Horseracing a safer workplace for Jockeys
Since the introduction of our Rails in 1989 we have offered the safest systems:
In Horse Racing:
- Barriers’ running rails never have metal above ground
- Barriers’ rails contain a horse within the track
- Barriers’ posts are free to rotate
- Barriers’ use high quality and 100% virgin materials
- Barriers’ systems have a long life
In crowd barriers:
- Our barriers meet the criteria of the ‘Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds’
- Our barriers absorb impact
- Our barriers are smooth and round
- Our barriers will display advertising safely
- Our barriers are manufactured from high quality 100% virgin materials
All Barriers products are tested to ensure compliance the international standard, where required. Testing is carried out in the factory test laboratory on each and every manufacturing run. Please see video.
All our safety videos are uncut and have not been tampered with in any way.